Saturday 7 March 2015

My Great Great grandfather

Lately, I've been discovering just how difficult genealogy research can be. I have to admit that sometimes the whole thing gives me a headache. At the moment, my dad's side of the family seems to be giving me the most trouble. I'm discovering that my great great grandfather was a complicated man & I'm having trouble sorting it all out. I've been told by a couple of sources that he just disappeared & left his family. I suppose I don't want to believe that one of my ancestors could do that to his own family but anything is possible. It just proves my point that sometimes you discover things that you don't always like. So far I haven't found any proof that he disappeared so I'm going to keep hoping that it isn't true. For now I want to remain optimistic about who my great great grandfather really was.                                                                                             
                               "Family faces are magic mirrors. Looking at people who belong to us, we see the past, present and future."-Gail Lumet Buckley

No comments:

Post a Comment